torsdag 21 mars 2013

Worse or Worst?

Today I had an interesting thought during one of our Psychology lessons, or well the thought was actually thought way after the lesson but the film that will be the topic of this hopefully short blog was watched during that lesson.
The movie we watched was none other than the infamous High School Musical 2...
Now I know what you are thinking, probably something in the line of "Seriously, a blog because of HSM 2?"
Yes, yes I know, It's not the most appreciated movie out there, but it got me thinking of something I just had to share on this blog.

While watching the movie I realized two things, one: the movie was not very good, but given its storyline, it could not have been better. Now don't get me wrong, I did not like this movie, but I'll admit that it was nothing close to poorly made. The acting was solid, the soundtrack was what you could expect of this kind of movie, and no story plot holes to be found. Which means that it could not have been better.

The problem though that this is not my type of movie at all, I don't like the concept or the story. But I can not blame it on the director or the writers or anyone really. The movie just didn't have any chance to impress me, and here comes the point.

Because I didn't except anything from the movie, I wasn't very upset when I gave the movie a 6/10 on Imdb, since it never had any chance, but because it was well put together it still got a decent score for a movie of its genre.

But movies that we expect great things of that aren't well put together can really make us hate a movie, even more than it deserves. There are several examples, but take Iron Man 2  for instance.
The first movie was really good and when I went to the cinemas to watch Iron Man 2 I expected at least a decent movie, but I got no such thing. A movie with a sketchy plot and nothing like the original. It was a disappointment which is why I don't want anything to do with that movie anymore, and there is a lot of movies like this one. Movies that you thought was a sure to be at the very least decent, turned out to be a poorly put together sequel which wasn't even needed.
In most cases you will dislike these movies even more than movies you never thought you were going to like in the first place.
So to sum up my fleeting thoughts in just one question, which is worse? Disappointments or movies like High School Musical 2, that never had a chance but could at least be a little better than you first thought?

I'm not sure if this blog made any sense to anyone, but I'm to tired and have to much to do to care right now.
However I might check in later to have a look at the grammar and the content of this blog, but unless there is nothing else of great importance I have to tell you I'll take my leave now....
......
.......
........
Goodbye!

Note to self: You are not so tired that you will actually include a High School Musical poster in this blog, people might take it the wrong way.

1 kommentar:

  1. This entry actually has much better grammar than the previous ones, which made everything easy to read and to understand. Good work!

    SvaraRadera