måndag 18 mars 2013

The First Movie Blog Mars



Like the title says this is the first attempt at making a movie blog so far in my life.
Obviously I have no idea what so ever on how to write this most difficult blog, but like all great things you'll have to start somewhere. Or at least that is how I do my tests and they end up pretty well every now and then, so I guess I'll try the same method here.

But first a few important things you need to now about this attempt before reading any further.
1:This is not a serious MOVIE blog, its just a attempt and might not be a good one at that. However I'll still do my very best to present to you the most refined not-serious movie blog that I possibly can at this late hour.
2:This is just my opinion and the recommendations I give can easily be ignored, if not appreciated. So no hate or anything like that, keep it civil folks! But I'll gladly read your interesting comment if given one, and I won't dismiss it simply because I do not agree either.
3.I shouldn't talk this much about stuff that don't really matter so lets get one with it, now that you know its not going to be perfect.


With all the formalities well behind us, lets start the impressive list of movies that were watched by yours truly over the weekend. (And one bonus movie that I watched this beautiful Monday)
So I'll keep it simple and present the list of movies, as well as a neat little link to Imdb where you yourself can read about the movies all you want, if interested.(This is to save time, no fancy self-made description here.)

1: The Bourne Supremacy Link: The Bourne Supremacy
2. A Clockwork Orange   Link: Clockwork Orange
3: Tucker & Dale vs Evil   Link: Tucker & Dale vs Evil
4: Les Miserables             Link: Les Miserables
5: The Bourne Ultimatum  Link: The Bourne Ultimatum
(6):The Prince Of Egypt   Link: The Prince Of Egypt

Now as you can see there are six movies above this text, and I can mention that they are in the order I saw them,(The Bourne Supremacy first and The Prince Of Egypt last) and if I'll ever do more of these movie blogs, I'll most likely keep this format.(5 movies in every blog, possibly a bonus every now and then)

But on to the movies shall we?
The First movie or The Bourne Supremacy actually came as shock to me, because I had already seen the first one months and months ago and then I didn't like the first movie much. So when the credits began rolling down the screen and I thought to myself that this might very well be the best movie with the super agent type of theme I have ever seen I was a little suprised. Most bond movies are good but most of them also fall short when compeered to this trilogy it seams, or at least that is how I see it. The movie has a solid story, impressive car chases(although it might be hard to understand what is happening during them sometimes because of a camera that seams to enjoy jumping from angel to angel.), good actors and an interesting way of following the main protagonist through the adrenaline pumping story.Strongly recommended for action  fans, and recommended for everyone else as well.

A clockwork Orange was one of two films that I watched with a few friends while celebrating one of said friends turning eighteen.
The movie was in all truth only alright. I expected more from it, being such a classic and all, or that was the impression of it I had anyway. It had an interesting concept and the actors were superb, but it just wasn't anything to special about it in my opinion. Good but not great.

Tucker & Dale vs Evil was yet another positive surprise that wonderful weekend. At first I thought it would not be much to look at, but you should never judge a book by its cover I guess.
What I though might be a boring semi-horror, gory teenage film turned out to be a hilarious black comedy and almost a parody of the genre I previously mentioned. It was the perfect movie for a movie night with friends. Highly recommended to anyone with a good sense of humor but maybe not to the type of person that pukes at the sight of a little blood(a lot of it actually)

Les Miserables was also, like the rest a positive surprise that weekend, specifically on Sunday when I saw it on the big screen with mom and my no less disturbed brother.
Since they sang throughout the entire movie there were a few parts were my interest dwindled for a moment, because let it be known that I'm no fan of musicals. However the story of this movie was captivating enough to keep my interest even though they sang so much, but not only was the story great, the actors were in a class of they're own. With names like Russel Crowe and Hugh Jackman they had an impressive cast, but that they could sing so well, who would have thought? So whether you are a fan of musicals or not, you might like this movie, with just a little bit of an open mind.

Now finally we are at the last one The Bourne Ultimatum, and I say again, even though I had some high expectations on this movie, it suprised me like the all the others, and yes in a positive way.
It was in my opinion a lot better than the second installment to the series, and that movie was not bad at all.
I think they took everything good from the previous movie and made it a lot better, without changing the formula. It had even better actors, better story, better action scenes( I could go on) and one of the things that sealed the deal was Bourne himself when he twice completely owned his enemies with some quick thinking, that were believable and hilarious at the same time. It was a fine completion of the original trilogy and is recommended to one and all, except haters of the action genre.

The Prince of Egypt(Bonus)
This one is a bit of a extra since I just watched it a hour before writing this blog and as six doesn't sound as organized as 5 this one will be a bonus.
I bought this movie mainly for one of the songs in it that really sticked with me even though it was a long time since I last watched it. But not only that was good about it, even though I really enjoy the soundtrack of this movie because of fond childhood memories, the movie itself was captivating and though based on the bible not entirely predictable. I'm unsure whether a person who never saw this movie during they're childhood would like this one or not, because there is just to much nostalgia involved for me to make an educated guess if anybody else would like it or not, at least as much as I do. I say watch it if given the opportunity, and then decide for yourself if it was good or not, but to me it will remain an classic, and a good one at that.

And that were all the movies that I watched last weekend and the first movie blog will end here with just a list of what grade I would give the movies on a scale from one too ten and the promise that I will at least consider making another movie blog at some point. But until then I will leave you with a couple of questions, did you enjoy reading this blog, was it better/worse than the previous ones, and most importantly, would you like to see more of them? Answer in any way you can, jungle drums can be used but I'm a little rusty at understanding them so comments will hopefully be the preferred option.

Until next time......


List(scale 4-10, 10=perfect, 4=Horrible piece of pig shit)
1: The Bourne Supremacy    8
2. A Clockwork Orange      8
3: Tucker & Dale vs Evil      8
4: Les Miserables                 8
5: The Bourne Ultimatum      9
(6):The Prince Of Egypt       8


Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar